Do you own an ICOM IC-705 and a laptop or mini PC?
David PA7LIM, our very clever Dutch radio amateur and software developer (who gave us both the excellent PEANUT and Blue-DV applications), has developed some Windows (10 or 11) software called DOOZY that can allow you to control and use your IC-705 transceiver from your computer.
Please see David’s webpage for information:
https://www.pa7lim.nl/Doozy/ (opens in new tab)
Other Software by David PA7LIM
Here is some other great software by David (amongst the many other things he has developed).
With the FREE PEANUT application, you can talk with Radio Amateurs around the world via an Android device or Windows computer.
- David’s PEANUT information page (opens in new tab)
- G4WKW Talk on Digital Voice Radio & PEANUT (YouTube video opens in new tab)
With BlueDV Windows and an AMBE3000 you can make a QSO via your sound card. No hotspot or radio’s are needed. For around $110 (USD) / £90 (Sterling) you can make QSO’s on DMR, DSTAR and Fusion using an AMBE Server or Dongle (now also NXDN).
David’s pages on BlueDV need updating as they are out-of-date regarding his software (which now includes NXDN as well as DMR, D-STAR & Fusion):
- David’s BlueDV page (opens in new tab)
- David’s BlueDV Windows page (opens in new tab)
- David’s BlueDV Android page (opens in new tab)
- David’s BlueDV iOS page (opens in new tab)
- David’s BlueDV Linus (experimental) page (opens in new tab)
Here is a snapshot from G4WKW using D-Star on an updated version of BlueDV (Windows):