After you have first logged in, you only have basic details in the Base part of your profile. It is important to do some things like CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD!
You may have received a WordPress email with a link to do this via the WP facility. If you have changed your password using that method, then you do not need to change it again.
CHANGING YOUR PASSWORD
Go to your Profile and change you password, as the generic one given to you for first login is known to other ROC Members. Proceed as follows:
- Click the My Profile link in
MY MEMBER INFO in the sidebar.
- Your Profile will be displayed looking something like this. Click the Settings button.
- Under Settings -> General you will see your email address. Click the GENERATE PASSWORD button.
- A random Strong password is generated, but you really want to set your own – one that you can remember.
- I recommend using a pass phrase, rather than a password. As an example, you can see I have typed one as TheCatSatOnTheMat2022@ which works as a Strong password (so something similar is good). You need to:
- Enter your current password.
- Enter you new password.
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
- After you have done that, you should see a message at the top confirming that your settings have been changed.
That’s it! You are done! If you ever forget your password, you can see there is a Lost your password? field, although you are actually logged on looking at that! Never mind, there will be a similar link on the Login screen (although there is not as I write this!). If all else fails, call ROC Admin or G4WKW and one of us will reset your password to a default one so you can login and change it!