Creating a Simple Text-Only Member Blog Post
To start creating a Member Blog post, you first need to go to the Blog are of your member tools connected to your profile. Here is the method:
- All of the main member pages have a link called “My Blog” in the sidebar, so just click that to go to the right place.
- When you have done that, the BuddyPress Blog, Publish Posts tab will be displayed, as this example showing my last post.
- Click the New Post tab and the Add new post form will be displayed. Proceed as follows:
- Enter a Title for your post.
- Type in the content, using any formatting you desire.
- Select the relevant Post Category (normally Member News or Member Ideas).
- Add any relevant tags by either selecting existing ones, or typing your own.
- You should now add your Profile Avatar picture as the Featured Image (although if you do not have it in local storage on the computer you are using, you can skip that for now and edit the post later to add it).
- When you are happy, click the CREATE A NEW POST button. Your post should be published and you will see what it looks like to others.
- You will now see your published Member News (or Member Ideas, etc) post, with your Avatar above the content.
- If you have made a mistake (like a typo), DON’T click the Edit link alongside the Leave a Comment link, but rather follow the editing info in the next section.
Editing your Member Blog Post
- To Edit your post, click My Blog in the sidebar again to display your Blog, Publish Posts tab again.
- The last one that you posted will be at the top, but you can scroll down to find one of your earlier blog posts, if necessary.
- Click the Edit link after the Post title.
- You will be taken back into the Editor, so you can then do any changes necessary and press the UPDATE POST button to save your changes.