Radio Operators Cornwall (ROC)
Terms & Conditions
Please carefully read our Terms & Conditions, which you must agree to in order to use the Members-Only facilities of our website. Please click “Agree T&C” at the end to continue, or “Reject T&C” if you do not agree.
The purpose of this privacy statement is to advise you of the personal information that the Radio Operators Cornwall (ROC) hold and how we use it.
Who are we?
The ROC is a not-for-profit organisation set up to promote the hobby of Amateur Radio and is run by a committee of members, for its ordinary members, on a voluntary basis.
The legal basis for processing you data
When you join or re-join the ROC, we will ask you for some personal information which we will use to provide you with membership or online services, you consent to do this is given when you complete the application form in print or electronically.
What personal data do we hold?
The ROC will hold your name, callsign (if applicable), and e-mail address. In addition to this, we may record membership details such as date of joining, renewal date, membership type, member number, home address, billing address.
Why we need it
You information will be used to process membership account information. We do not hold any personal financial details such as credit card or PayPal account information. NOTE: There is an option on the application form to opt out of marketing.
Occasionally we will send e-mails or letters to remind you when your subscription is due, inform you of events or changes to the club.
Your data will not be given to third parties and is only available to the Club’s Committee in order to operate and run the club as outlined above.
How long will we keep it?
Your details will be deleted from our membership database12 months after membership expiry. They will be retained in our financial records for UK tax purposes for up to 6 years, after which they will be deleted.
The GDPR provides a number of rights concerning your personal information and these are detailed in the ROC Compliance Statement/Terms and Conditions – available on the club Information page at www.G8ROC.org.uk*.
*See Introduction, at the top of this page for list of current documents. The website does not now use “www” and does force SSL, with a URL of: https://g8roc.org.uk.
Radio Operators Cornwall – GDPR Compliance Statement 2022
Our GDPR Cookie Consent provides our main website compliance for Europe.
Radio Operators Cornwall – Terms of Service 2022
Base Data Held for Members-Only Website Access
The https://g8roc.org.uk website has user registration disabled. All ROC members are added by Administrators using the absolute minimum of data. By default, some of the data within the Members-Only area is only visible to the member themselves and administrators (1), whereas other data is shared with other ROC members (2):
(1) Base Data NOT shared with other ROC members
- Email address – only visible to you, unless you decide to share it with friends, or all ROC members. An email address is mandatory, but you are able to change it to a new one if necessary (but see Important Notes, below).
(2) Base Data shared with other ROC members
- Name – Your member name in the form “Callsign Firstname” (e.g. G4WKW Richard) if you have a Callsign, or “MemberNumber Firstname” (e.g. ROC999002 Ann) if not.
- CALLSIGN – Your Callsign provided on joining ROC.
- ROC membership number – Visible in Base Profile. This is a copy of your actual login name, which cannot be changed or hidden, and is visible with an @symbol over your profile photo.
- First name – Visible in Base Profile.
- You should not normally need to update any fields in the Base section, except for CALLSIGN and email address.
- Should you need to update your email address, it is important to also notify the Webmaster (currently G4WKW Richard) that you have done so, as your email is replicated within the WordPress admin area for WordPress functionality and this will need updating too.
- You can change profile Notification settings for what you wish to be notified about.
Optional Data that you include in your profile
As well as the Base (mandatory) information, you may like to fill in other profile information, in additional sections such as Detail, Biography and Interests. Remember, non of this information is public and you can set any field to be visible:
- only to yourself,
- shared with Friends, or
- shared with All ROC members.
Note: The field setting for sharing with Everyone is actually identical to sharing with All Members (as there is no public access to the Members-Only area).
Any of this data you share is your responsibility and is purely your choice (similar to other social media like Facebook, except that is public, whereas here it is ROC Members only).
Other Data you Share in Member Blog Posts, Groups, Messages, etc.
Again, any information you share with other ROC members or other members of a Group, is entirely at your discretion and choice.
The ROC Committee and Administration staff cannot be held responsible for the misuse of any of your data by other members, although they will investigate any misuse reported to them and take appropriate action.
Behaviour and Conduct
You agree to behave in a friendly, inoffensive, manner in your interactions with other ROC members. You will try your best to not make racist, gender offensive, agist, or other remarks which might cause offence to others.
You understand and agree that good behaviour is a condition for your access. If a complaint is made to a ROC Admin, they will investigate and they have the right to ban you from the Members-Only area for a period, should you be judged to have broken these rules.